Share This On:
A dwelling house in Bruceville, Vieux-Fort was this morning (Thursday, April 5, 2018) extensively damaged by fire.
Fanned by strong winds, the fire completely destroy the contents of the wooden structure which had electricity.
The owner of the house, Daniel Dupigny, a craftsman, was not at home at the time of the fire. The building had also housed his workshop.
According to leading fire oofficer, 363 Serieux, the fire service received the alarm about 10:45 a.m. but when they arrived at the seen the building was extensively damaged and all its content completely destroyed.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire is unknown and they are currently investigating the matter. However, a family member of the owner said she believes it was an act of arson, adding that it is not the first time someone had attempted to burn down the house.
The family member fears that she will suffer the same fate and as such plans to relocate. She lives a few metres from the house that was on fire.
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM