Share This On:
A dwelling house in Bruceville, Vieux-Fort was this morning (Thursday, April 5, 2018) extensively damaged by fire.
Fanned by strong winds, the fire completely destroy the contents of the wooden structure which had electricity.
The owner of the house, Daniel Dupigny, a craftsman, was not at home at the time of the fire. The building had also housed his workshop.
According to leading fire oofficer, 363 Serieux, the fire service received the alarm about 10:45 a.m. but when they arrived at the seen the building was extensively damaged and all its content completely destroyed.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire is unknown and they are currently investigating the matter. However, a family member of the owner said she believes it was an act of arson, adding that it is not the first time someone had attempted to burn down the house.
The family member fears that she will suffer the same fate and as such plans to relocate. She lives a few metres from the house that was on fire.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM