Share This On:
A dwelling house in Bruceville, Vieux-Fort was this morning (Thursday, April 5, 2018) extensively damaged by fire.
Fanned by strong winds, the fire completely destroy the contents of the wooden structure which had electricity.
The owner of the house, Daniel Dupigny, a craftsman, was not at home at the time of the fire. The building had also housed his workshop.
According to leading fire oofficer, 363 Serieux, the fire service received the alarm about 10:45 a.m. but when they arrived at the seen the building was extensively damaged and all its content completely destroyed.
Fire officials say the cause of the fire is unknown and they are currently investigating the matter. However, a family member of the owner said she believes it was an act of arson, adding that it is not the first time someone had attempted to burn down the house.
The family member fears that she will suffer the same fate and as such plans to relocate. She lives a few metres from the house that was on fire.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM