Share This On:
(SNO) — A search is underway for a 72-year-old British man who was last seen boarding his vessel in Saint Lucia on November 15, according to The Daily Mail.
The man, identified as Roy Boughton, is a sailor from Liverpool but is reported to have visited Rodney Bay Marina in Saint Lucia, the Mail reported.
He was last seen leaving in a dinghy at the Rodney Bay Marina and concerned friends reported him missing, the Mail further reported.
The Saint Lucia Marina Police have been searching for the British national.
“Searches have also been done from the air. Boughton owns two yachts. Both were searched but no blood or signs of distress were found,” an officer was quoted as saying by The Sun (UK).
Boughton reportedly arrived in Saint Lucia on a Thursday afternoon and was drinking at one of the Rodney Bay Marina bars with other sailors from a mega yacht, according to the Mail.
“When they had finished their drinks, Mr Boughton allegedly fell outside on a pavement. Some asked for Mr Boughton, who appeared out of sorts, to be put up in a room for the night. Yet he is said to have been helped onto his dinghy, which was started for him before he left the marina’s dock. He has not been seen since,” the Mail reported.
A message posted on his blog yachtguidinglight.blogspot.com on November 22 reads: “Roy Boughton, the author of this blog, went missing on 15th November 2018. This is a message from his sister Lynne: For all Roy’s friends who may visit this page:-Thank you for asking sailors far and wide to look out for Roy and for your concern. As yet there is still no news or sightings, the coastguard have had an air and sea search going on today. We hope and pray for a happy outcome. Will post any further news here as well as contacting others. Anyone with any information should contact the Coastguard or the UK Foreign Office.”
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Earthquake shakes Dominica again January 14, 2020 8:56 PM