Share This On:
(JAMAICA GLEANER) — The Narcotics Police arrested and charged a British man on Tuesday at the Sangster International Airport for breaches of the Dangerous Drugs Act.
Charged with possession of cocaine, dealing in cocaine and attempting to export cocaine is 29-year-old Elijah Wade of Nottingham, England
The police report that about 5:00 p.m., Wade checked in to board a flight to London when his luggage was searched and white substance resembling cocaine weighing approximately 1.65 pounds was found.
The drug has an estimated street value of $975,000.
Wade is scheduled to appear before the St James Parish Court on Tuesday, November 19.
More Jamaica News Stories
- Jamaica: Mom convinced papaya leaf juice cured her son of dengue December 9, 2019
- Jamaica: Fight over soap leaves little girl partially blind December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Woman defies doctors after getting three days to live December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Pregnant woman jumps from two-storey building December 6, 2019
- Jamaican man granted bail, claims self defence in BVI court case December 6, 2019
- Jamaica: Cabbie finds $100,000 in car – Says it is a gift from God December 5, 2019
- Jamaica: Cops nab 4 alleged phone grabbers, one accused car thief December 5, 2019