Share This On:
(AFP) – Hovering over his tarot cards and holding a microphone to his wizard-like beard, Mexican psychic Antonio Vazquez on Thursday said there was no need to fear a nuclear war between the United States and North Korea.
Better known as “El Brujo Mayor” (Grand Warlock), Vazquez is famous in Mexico for his predictions at the start of each year on subjects ranging from politics to celebrities and sports.
No need to fear that 2018 will see a clash of egos between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un escalate into nuclear war, he said: “Knight of Swords! No bombs will fly. They will reach an agreement.”
But there will be no such good fortune for Colombian pop star Shakira, who recently had to suspend a world tour after a vocal cord injury.
“I sense someone has cast a spell on her,” he said with a worried look. “I don’t think she’ll recover.”
Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro, Brazilian leader Michel Temer and Mexican drug lord Joaquin Guzman should also look out: El Brujo foresees an assassination in one or the other South American country, and “very poor health” for Guzman, known as “El Chapo,” who is currently in solitary confinement in a US jail.
Vazquez also ventured a prediction on the 2018 World Cup in Russia: defending champions Germany will defeat Spain in the finals.
However, El Brujo is not exactly known for his infallibility.
In 2016, he predicted Trump would lose the Republican primary election, that “El Chapo” would be killed and Maduro forced from power.
More International News Stories
- Magnitude 6.8 earthquake shakes eastern Turkey, 2 injured January 24, 2020
- Mosquito-killing fungus wins prestigious award January 24, 2020
- US confirms second case of China virus, 50 under investigation January 24, 2020
- Teen speaks out about moment needlefish speared him in the neck January 24, 2020
- China building a hospital to treat virus, expands lockdowns January 24, 2020
- China virus death toll jumps to 25 with 830 confirmed cases January 24, 2020