Share This On:
(PRESS RELEASE) – A dollar-for-dollar drive was launched as part of the initiatives for Breast Cancer Awareness Month in October.
The aim was to encourage employees in various business enterprises to contribute one dollar towards the fight against breast cancer and the company would match every dollar given.
The event which was launched at Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa and Beach Resort was also the venue for the handing over ceremony to the benefactors the National Community Foundation (NCF) and the St. Lucia Cancer Society. Three organisations participated in the handing over ceremony. The National Insurance Cooperation and The Ministry of Health and Wellness presented their monitory contributions to the NCF.
Alison Isebert from the Ministry of Health and Wellness and Linus Bernadine from the National Insurance Corporation presented their contributions to the Executive Director of the NCF, Michelle Phillips.
Managing Director of Sandals St. Lucia, Winston Anderson made their presentation to Dr. Jacqueline Bird who represented the St. Lucia Cancer Society and pledged a closer working relationship between Sandal St. Lucia and the St. Lucia Cancer Society.
The Ministry of Health also took the time to recognize Ms. Kenaz Francis, Mr. Winston Anderson and Exelsign Ltd. for their tremendous contribution to the success of Breast Cancer Awareness Month 2017.
More Health Stories
- Doctors warn women not to use toothpaste to ‘tighten their vaginas’ October 12, 2019
- World Mental Health Day focuses on suicide prevention October 10, 2019
- US hospital ship’s humanitarian mission in Saint Lucia ends October 1, 2019
- Saint Lucia records increase in gastroenteritis cases September 30, 2019
- US hospital ship clinics temporarily suspended due to ‘sea wells’ September 29, 2019