Share This On:
(SNO) — Windward Islands beat Guyana by a whopping 65 runs in the Cricket West Indies/Trinidad and Tobago Women’s Cricket Association Under-19 Girls Tournament on Thursday.
According to Caribbean Women’s Sports, Windward Islands amassed a huge total of 165-1 (20 overs), by far the highest tally of the tournament now, with 18 innings completed.
Opening bat Jephenia Joseph hit an unbeaten 64, her first half century. Jephenia also made 34 in the Windwards’ opening match.
Against Guyana, she lost fellow opener and Saint Lucian Allyah Alfred, following a fine opening stand to which Alfred contributed 28.
In strode was captain and West Indies senior women’s all-rounder, Qiana Joseph, fresh off an unbeaten 60 against Barbados on Wednesday. Qiana continued the pattern set by Jephenia, taking just 28 balls to race to an unbeaten 49.
Guyana’s response started briskly, but once they lost their first two wickets with just 50 on the board, progress stalled.
The South American girls managed just 100-7 in 20 overs.
- Saint Lucia’s Meggan William ekes out singles victory for the Golden Eagles October 23, 2019 10:43 AM
- UK: 39 bodies found inside lorry container in Essex October 23, 2019 10:15 AM
- Gunmen raping males only on the loose in Montego Bay, Jamaica October 23, 2019 10:06 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Tarik Xavier led his US college men’s team in cross country October 23, 2019 9:54 AM
- SLP still wants to know: ‘Who is really paying for the horses?’ October 22, 2019 6:06 PM
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM