Share This On:
(SNO) — Windward Islands beat Guyana by a whopping 65 runs in the Cricket West Indies/Trinidad and Tobago Women’s Cricket Association Under-19 Girls Tournament on Thursday.
According to Caribbean Women’s Sports, Windward Islands amassed a huge total of 165-1 (20 overs), by far the highest tally of the tournament now, with 18 innings completed.
Opening bat Jephenia Joseph hit an unbeaten 64, her first half century. Jephenia also made 34 in the Windwards’ opening match.
Against Guyana, she lost fellow opener and Saint Lucian Allyah Alfred, following a fine opening stand to which Alfred contributed 28.
In strode was captain and West Indies senior women’s all-rounder, Qiana Joseph, fresh off an unbeaten 60 against Barbados on Wednesday. Qiana continued the pattern set by Jephenia, taking just 28 balls to race to an unbeaten 49.
Guyana’s response started briskly, but once they lost their first two wickets with just 50 on the board, progress stalled.
The South American girls managed just 100-7 in 20 overs.
- More St. Lucians return home Saturday
- Two males shot and chopped by gang in Soufriere
- United Workers Party marks fourth year in office: “As they talk, we work” (+video)
- No legs? No problem! – Jamaican Andrew Nelson making light work of life’s challenges
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism