Share This On:
A gun attack on a residence in Odsan twice in one day has left a woman nursing a gunshot injury, the victim’s sister has disclosed.
The victim sustained a gunshot wound to her back in the second attack that occurred around 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 1. The first attack occurred sometime between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. the same day.
The victim’s sister further told St. Lucia News Online that she believes her sister’s teenaged son was the target of both attacks, based on “word on the road”.
Though she was discharged from Victoria Hospital on Sunday, the woman is still suffering from the effects of a bullet lodged close to her spine, the sister said.
“Doctors [at Victoria Hospital] can’t remove the bullet. They say it might cripple her for life or she may [have to] live with it for the rest of her life,” the sister said. “She got a referral to go to a health center today (Monday) and she has to return….”
The sister said police are investigating both incidents.
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM
- Castries man injured in Marisule motorcycle accident October 21, 2019 6:37 PM