Share This On:
A gun attack on a residence in Odsan twice in one day has left a woman nursing a gunshot injury, the victim’s sister has disclosed.
The victim sustained a gunshot wound to her back in the second attack that occurred around 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 1. The first attack occurred sometime between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. the same day.
The victim’s sister further told St. Lucia News Online that she believes her sister’s teenaged son was the target of both attacks, based on “word on the road”.
Though she was discharged from Victoria Hospital on Sunday, the woman is still suffering from the effects of a bullet lodged close to her spine, the sister said.
“Doctors [at Victoria Hospital] can’t remove the bullet. They say it might cripple her for life or she may [have to] live with it for the rest of her life,” the sister said. “She got a referral to go to a health center today (Monday) and she has to return….”
The sister said police are investigating both incidents.
- UPDATE: Guardsman security guard fatally shot in Balata identified; firearm stolen October 18, 2019 6:50 PM
- Saint Lucian basketballer goes pro October 18, 2019 6:28 PM
- BREAKING NEWS: Security guard shot in Castries October 18, 2019 5:37 PM
- Sea Jays emerge victorius at Capri-Sun Short Course Nationals October 18, 2019 1:50 PM
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM