Share This On:
A gun attack on a residence in Odsan twice in one day has left a woman nursing a gunshot injury, the victim’s sister has disclosed.
The victim sustained a gunshot wound to her back in the second attack that occurred around 10:30 p.m. on Saturday, June 1. The first attack occurred sometime between 10 a.m. and 11 a.m. the same day.
The victim’s sister further told St. Lucia News Online that she believes her sister’s teenaged son was the target of both attacks, based on “word on the road”.
Though she was discharged from Victoria Hospital on Sunday, the woman is still suffering from the effects of a bullet lodged close to her spine, the sister said.
“Doctors [at Victoria Hospital] can’t remove the bullet. They say it might cripple her for life or she may [have to] live with it for the rest of her life,” the sister said. “She got a referral to go to a health center today (Monday) and she has to return….”
The sister said police are investigating both incidents.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM