Share This On:
(SNO) – A male suspect is in custody as police investigate the Tuesday afternoon murder of a woman in Cap Estate, Gros Islet.
The suspect is reportedly in his late 70s and the woman was in her 60s, according to sources.
The victim, whose identity has not been disclosed, was killed during an alleged domestic dispute with the suspect.
According to sources, she sustained stab wounds and severe head injuries. One source told our newsroom that the woman’s head was “bashed in” with a brick.
The incident occurred at a residence at Flamboyant Crescent, Cap Estate, Gros Islet, near the St. Lucia Golf and Country Club.
Her body was reportedly found in the roadway.
Emergency services have confirmed that they responded to a report of a “head trauma” incident at 4:51 p.m.
This is the 16th homicide of 2018.
SNO extends its condolences to the deceased’s family and friends.
Check for more updates later.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM