Share This On:
(SNO) — Video clips of a man sending kicks on a young female in a Dennery house has gone viral (see videos below story).
According to law enforcement sources, police are investigating allegations that the man in the video is the father of the female who is being beaten.
It is alleged that the female is 13 years old and the man is of a Dennery address.
Reports indicate that the victim’s sister recorded the incident which occurred recently. It is not clear who uploaded the videos to social media.
St. Lucia News Online obtained two video clips of the Dennery incident. (See them below article).
In one of the videos, the teen cries out “… stop I’ve had enough, had enough.”
The alleged father exclaims “you had enough?!” then attacks his daughter again as someone (sounding female) in the background shouts “not in my room, not in my room”.
Sources said the police and social services are investigating the attack which is similar to an incident in December last year in which a woman, Tessa Albert, 25, was caught on video beating a schoolgirl with a stick for allegedly wearing her shoes.
Albert pleaded guilty to causing harm and was granted $1,000 bail or suitable surety pending a pre-sentence report in early January 2020.
Her bail conditions include surrendering her travel documents to the court, make no contact with the victim, not permitted to leave the State without the court’s permission and reporting to the Anse La Raye Police Station every Friday before or by 6 p.m.
Be advised, before watching, that the videos are extremely violent and can be disturbing to some.
- Ministry of Agriculture promotes green economy January 24, 2020 2:09 PM
- Queens Commonwealth Essay Competition announces winners January 24, 2020 9:52 AM
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM