Share This On:
(SNO) – Law enforcement soures have confirmed that one person has died as a result of yesterday’s (July 25) mass-casualty motor vehicle accident (MVA) in Malgretoute, Micoud.
The deceased is a male but no additional information was provided.
The accident, which occurred around 2 p.m. along the highway, involved a collision between a taxi minibus and a blue sports utility vehicle (SUV).
About 15 people were transported to St. Jude Hospital.
One of the male victims succumbed to his injuries early this morning, according to sources.
The is the second accident that occurred yesterday that resulted in a fatality.
A woman, identified as 65-year-old Sandra Sidoine, was in her yard in Monier, Gros Islet when a vehicle crashed into her. She died shortly after being transported to hospital via ambulance. The accident occurred after 10 a.m.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM