Share This On:
(SNO) – Law enforcement soures have confirmed that one person has died as a result of yesterday’s (July 25) mass-casualty motor vehicle accident (MVA) in Malgretoute, Micoud.
The deceased is a male but no additional information was provided.
The accident, which occurred around 2 p.m. along the highway, involved a collision between a taxi minibus and a blue sports utility vehicle (SUV).
About 15 people were transported to St. Jude Hospital.
One of the male victims succumbed to his injuries early this morning, according to sources.
The is the second accident that occurred yesterday that resulted in a fatality.
A woman, identified as 65-year-old Sandra Sidoine, was in her yard in Monier, Gros Islet when a vehicle crashed into her. She died shortly after being transported to hospital via ambulance. The accident occurred after 10 a.m.
- No coronavirus in Guadeloupe February 28, 2020 8:54 PM
- Three suspected cases of coronavirus in Guadeloupe; tests in progress February 28, 2020 2:52 PM
- Caricom holds emergency meeting February 28, 2020 2:22 PM
- Iconic Kassav singer hospitalized in Martinique February 28, 2020 12:00 PM
- Family loses everything in Sarrot fire February 28, 2020 11:13 AM
- SLBS warns of illegal cigarettes on market February 28, 2020 11:03 AM
- Regional travel taxes comparatively low – Fedee February 28, 2020 10:33 AM
- Caribbean on high alert for deadly Covid-19 February 28, 2020 10:18 AM
- Labour Department investigating Hylyne Poultry complaints February 28, 2020 9:08 AM