Share This On:
Police confirmed the identity of Saint Lucia’s latest road fatality victim during a press briefing on Tuesday.
The deceased has been identified as Rudolph Etienne of Bexon, who was the driver of truck (registration #TE4220), which ran off the road and overturned in Monkey Town, Ciceron in Castries on Monday, Oct. 14, around 2 p.m.
Police said he was transported by ambulance to Victoria Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The circumstances surrounding the accident were not immediately available, but an investigation has been launched, police said.
An emergency official told St. Lucia News Online that the Castries Fire Station responded to the accident at about 2:05 p.m. on Monday.
“That incident involved a truck that seemed to have overturned onto the roadway. On arrival at the scene, emergency personnel assessed the driver of the vehicle who happened to be the sole occupant at the time. He was found with negative vitals,” the official said.
The victim was later pronounced dead by a medical doctor.
- Hurricane season: St. Lucian residents urged to ‘consistently’ follow weather reports
- BREAKING NEWS: Vieux Fort construction worker killed in freak accident
- SALCC teaches English to Cuban medical personnel
- George Floyd had ‘violent criminal history’ says Minneapolis police union chief
- West Indies name Test squad for proposed tour of England
- Daren Sammy and Chris Gayle speak out against racism
- VIDEO: Saint Lucia borders open June 4; visitors require COVID-19 test, quarantine
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours
- Big changes coming at Digicel