Share This On:
Police confirmed the identity of Saint Lucia’s latest road fatality victim during a press briefing on Tuesday.
The deceased has been identified as Rudolph Etienne of Bexon, who was the driver of truck (registration #TE4220), which ran off the road and overturned in Monkey Town, Ciceron in Castries on Monday, Oct. 14, around 2 p.m.
Police said he was transported by ambulance to Victoria Hospital where he succumbed to his injuries.
The circumstances surrounding the accident were not immediately available, but an investigation has been launched, police said.
An emergency official told St. Lucia News Online that the Castries Fire Station responded to the accident at about 2:05 p.m. on Monday.
“That incident involved a truck that seemed to have overturned onto the roadway. On arrival at the scene, emergency personnel assessed the driver of the vehicle who happened to be the sole occupant at the time. He was found with negative vitals,” the official said.
The victim was later pronounced dead by a medical doctor.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM