Share This On:
(NEW YORK DAILY NEWS) — British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has been moved to the intensive care unit at St. Thomas’ Hospital in London after testing positive for coronavirus.
A spokesperson for 10 Downing Street said Johnson had been moved to the ICU “on the advice of his medical team” after his condition worsened Monday afternoon.
“The PM is receiving excellent care, and thanks all NHS staff for their hard work and dedication,” a statement read.
Johnson was hospitalized Sunday, a week and a half after testing positive.
Foreign Secretary Dominic Raab has been deputized.
A statement from 10 Downing Street earlier Monday said Johnson was “in good spirits” and had a “comfortable night.”
It’s unclear what changed or how accurate that assessment was.
- BREAKING: Borders open June 4; visitors must present negative test, undergo quarantine
- BREAKING: Saint Lucia maintains trend of negative COVID-19 test results
- George Floyd’s killer Derek Chauvin moved to maximum-security prison
- Trump declares June ‘National Caribbean-American Heritage Month’
- US: Cop removes his fellow colleague’s knee from protester’s neck, video shows
- CXC exams to begin July 13 (see full timetable)
- Jamaica: 19 people murdered over the weekend
- Loans and VAT on Saint Lucia Parliament sitting agenda
- DID YOU KNOW 26 St. Lucians died when HMS Good Hope was sunk in battle in 1914?