Share This On:
(SNO) — Saint Lucia police are investigating the shooting of two men in separate incidents in the Castries area, according to reliable sources.
The first incident occurred at Cul De Sac, Castries on Thursday, September 27 while the island was under a ‘tropical storm warning’, as a result of the passage of Tropical Storm Kirk. Emergency services responded at 11:48 p.m.
The injured man, identified as Kyle Clement, 22, was transported by a Castries ambulance to Victoria Hospital with a gunshot wound to his neck.
He is currently in critical condition at hospital.
It is alleged that the shooting occurred when three males broke into a “cold storage container” and a security guard fired shots in their direction.
The second incident occurred at New Village, Castries on Friday, September 28.
A source said the victim has been identified as Levis Vital, who was transported to Victoria Hospital by a Castries ambulance with a “gunshot wound to his body”.
His medical status is not known at this time.
Emergency services responded to the incident at 11:43 p.m.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM