Share This On:
(SNO) — Saint Lucia police are investigating the shooting of two men in separate incidents in the Castries area, according to reliable sources.
The first incident occurred at Cul De Sac, Castries on Thursday, September 27 while the island was under a ‘tropical storm warning’, as a result of the passage of Tropical Storm Kirk. Emergency services responded at 11:48 p.m.
The injured man, identified as Kyle Clement, 22, was transported by a Castries ambulance to Victoria Hospital with a gunshot wound to his neck.
He is currently in critical condition at hospital.
It is alleged that the shooting occurred when three males broke into a “cold storage container” and a security guard fired shots in their direction.
The second incident occurred at New Village, Castries on Friday, September 28.
A source said the victim has been identified as Levis Vital, who was transported to Victoria Hospital by a Castries ambulance with a “gunshot wound to his body”.
His medical status is not known at this time.
Emergency services responded to the incident at 11:43 p.m.
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM