Share This On:
(SNO) — Saint Lucia police are investigating the shooting of two men in separate incidents in the Castries area, according to reliable sources.
The first incident occurred at Cul De Sac, Castries on Thursday, September 27 while the island was under a ‘tropical storm warning’, as a result of the passage of Tropical Storm Kirk. Emergency services responded at 11:48 p.m.
The injured man, identified as Kyle Clement, 22, was transported by a Castries ambulance to Victoria Hospital with a gunshot wound to his neck.
He is currently in critical condition at hospital.
It is alleged that the shooting occurred when three males broke into a “cold storage container” and a security guard fired shots in their direction.
The second incident occurred at New Village, Castries on Friday, September 28.
A source said the victim has been identified as Levis Vital, who was transported to Victoria Hospital by a Castries ambulance with a “gunshot wound to his body”.
His medical status is not known at this time.
Emergency services responded to the incident at 11:43 p.m.
- Risk of coronavirus in Caribbean ‘low’ says CARPHA January 23, 2020 3:07 PM
- Meeting with US Secretary of State: Saint Lucia and US continue to strengthen ties January 23, 2020 9:00 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM