Share This On:
(SNO) — Saint Lucia police are investigating the shooting of two men in separate incidents in the Castries area, according to reliable sources.
The first incident occurred at Cul De Sac, Castries on Thursday, September 27 while the island was under a ‘tropical storm warning’, as a result of the passage of Tropical Storm Kirk. Emergency services responded at 11:48 p.m.
The injured man, identified as Kyle Clement, 22, was transported by a Castries ambulance to Victoria Hospital with a gunshot wound to his neck.
He is currently in critical condition at hospital.
It is alleged that the shooting occurred when three males broke into a “cold storage container” and a security guard fired shots in their direction.
The second incident occurred at New Village, Castries on Friday, September 28.
A source said the victim has been identified as Levis Vital, who was transported to Victoria Hospital by a Castries ambulance with a “gunshot wound to his body”.
His medical status is not known at this time.
Emergency services responded to the incident at 11:43 p.m.
- BREAKING NEWS UPDATE: Reports of plane crash in Dominica February 16, 2020 8:28 PM
- Conservationists frown on illegal dumping practices near nature site February 14, 2020 2:25 PM
- Dengue rising in the Caribbean says PAHO February 14, 2020 12:50 PM
- Killer asteroid to miss earth by 3.6 million miles on Saturday February 14, 2020 11:42 AM
- Educators trained in using library books to bring classroom lessons to life February 14, 2020 9:39 AM
- Beware fake news and myths about coronavirus, warns tourism health specialists February 13, 2020 12:17 PM
- British airways adds new flights from London to Saint Lucia February 13, 2020 11:36 AM
- Concern over meat and fish imports from China February 13, 2020 10:36 AM
- Foreign national tests negative for coronavirus February 12, 2020 9:43 PM