Share This On:
dAN AREA OF LOW PRESSURE JUST EAST OF THE LESSER ANTILLES IS BECOMING BETTER ORGANIZED AND COULD BECOME A TROPICAL CYCLONE LATER TODAY.
AT 11:00 AM TODAY, THE CENTER OF POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE WAS LOCATED AT 13.1 DEGREES NORTH, 54.1 DEGREES WEST OR 465 MILES/750 KM EAST OF SAINT LUCIA.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE NEAR 35 MPH OR 55 KM/H WITH HIGHER GUSTS AND IS EXPECTED TO BECOME A TROPICAL CYCLONE LATER TODAY OR TONIGHT BEFORE REACHING THE WINDWARD ISLANDS.
POTENTIAL TROPICAL CYCLONE NINE IS MOVING TOWARDS THE WEST AT 17 MPH OR 28 KM/H AND IS EXPECTED TO AFFECT THE ISLANDS OF THE LESSER ANTILLES TONIGHT INTO FRIDAY MORNING.
THE DISTURBANCE IS EXPECTED TO PRODUCE RAINFALL TOTALS OF 2 TO 4 INCHES AND HIGHER AMOUNTS IN SOME REGIONS. RESIDENTS AND MOTORISTS IN AREAS PRONE TO FLOODING AND LANDSLIDES ARE ADVISED TO BE VIGILANT AND EXERCISE EXTREME CAUTION.
SMALL CRAFT OPERATORS ARE ADVISED TO REMAIN IN PORT AND OTHER MARINE INTERESTS SHOULD EXERCISE CAUTION. RESIDENTS ARE ALSO ADVISED TO KEEP AWAY FROM THE BEACHES.
THE SAINT LUCIA METEOROLOGICAL SERVICES WILL CLOSELY MONITOR THE PROGRESS OF THIS SYSTEM AND BE ISSUING REGULAR UPDATES.
SAINT LUCIA METEOROLOGICAL SERVICES
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff