Share This On:
Three Indian nationals drowned in Vieux Fort around noon today, Saturday, March 31, 2018, according to law enforcement officials.
All three are attached to the Spartan Health Sciences University. Two have been confirmed to be students.
Reports are that the students were taking photos on the rocks at Cannelles Beach when a large wave took two of them. It is reported that a third drowned trying to save them.
The incident occurred around 11:54 a.m.
Two bodies – a male and a female – were recovered. A search is underway for the other body.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM