Share This On:
The authorities are investigating the suspected drowning of an 18-year-old male at Roseau this afternoon (October 3, 2016), around 4:30.p.m.
The victim has been identified as Nigel Emmanuel, a student of the Sir Arthur Lewis Community College.
St. Lucia News Online understands that the victim was trying to cross the river, when he was swept away by water.
The man’s body was submerged for over one hour, before divers in the area were able to locate it.
Many relatives and friends have expressed deep shock at Emmanuel’s sudden death.
Danny Inglis wrote on social media website, Facebook: “I cant believe you are gone bro. I just saw you the other day. I’m in tears. You were like a brother to me.”
“Such a younger talented individual gone so quickly. I remember when we use to sing during UNI hour at school. Sigh,” a person named Ash Deseau Jallim said.
Another person wrote, “Oh, Nigel Emmanuel. Great memories alone. Gone too soon.”
More Accident/Tragedy Stories
- Man blames slow response for fire damages at Adjodha Building November 27, 2019
- Castries blaze shows fire department needs attention says association November 26, 2019
- Saint Lucian dies in motorcycle accident in Dominica November 25, 2019
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019
- UPDATED: Two injured in Castries accident identified November 8, 2019
- UPDATE: Six homeless after house fire in Anse La Raye November 7, 2019