Share This On:
Police are investigating the death of a man whose body was recovered from the waters of Marigot Bay today (June 3), law enforcement sources have told St. Lucia News Online.
The deceased has been identified as Danley Noel, popularly known by the nickname ‘Babylips’. He was originally from Canaries, according to a source.
Reports are that Noel was accidentally thrown from a dinghy when the vessel crashed into rocks between Buckeye terminals and Marigot Bay.
The body was removed by the Police Marine Unit this morning.
“[The] body was found this morning [Monday] by persons going out fishing,” the source said.
“He’s not a fisherman. He is a boat boy in Marigot Bay. He would help the yachts coming into Marigot Bay upon a buoy. That sort of thing,” the source added. “He was alive yesterday [Sunday]. He was at the event Vigie yesterday as well, so this must have happened last night when he was returning from Vigie to Marigot Bay.”
Marigot police received the report at about 6 a.m., another source reported.
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM
- Prime Minister assures former Majestic Industries workers that their request will be granted December 9, 2019 3:28 PM
- Cellma training at OKEU December 9, 2019 12:44 PM
- Jade Mountain food gets top French honors December 9, 2019 9:30 AM
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM