Share This On:
St. Lucia recorded it’s fourth homicide of the year earlier tonight, Tuesday, March 19, 2013.
A female was allegedly stabbed by another female at the Fisheries Complex in Castries.
Police have one person in custody assisting with their investigations.
The motive for the attack is not yet known.
St. Lucia News Online will provide more information as it becomes available.
Previous 2013 homicides
* Nathan Uria Stanislaus, 27, of Grande Ravine, Dennery succumbed to a stab wound to the upper left chest area. The incident occurred on Sunday, February 10, 2013 at about 4:40am. Investigations revealed the deceased was involved in an altercation with a known individual at about 2:30 am at Grande Ravine, Dennery. During that altercation, he sustained a stab wound and was transported to Victoria Hospital. One man was in police custody assisting with investigations.
* Danley Leon, 25, of Corinth, Gros Islet was stabbed in the upper left chest area during an altercation. His friend, Bevon Charlemagne, a 22-year-old resident of Grande Riviere, Gros Islet, also received stab wounds during that altercation. A post mortem examination on Leon’s body, done on Monday, January 21, 2013, revealed he died from hemorrhagic shock secondary to a stab wound. Reports are that Leon was called upon by his girlfriend for assistance in an altercation between a man and a woman. Leon arrived on the scene with his friend, Charlemagne, to see a woman being allegedly beaten by another man. When they intervened, the man allegedly stabbed them both. Tevin James aka Jingles of Grand Riviere has been charged with the attempted murder of Charlemange and intending to cause arm to Leon thereby causing his death.
* The body of 47-year-old Simone Leandra Garnier of Bisee in Castries was discovered behind a house in her community at about 7:30 am on Friday, February 1, 2013. She was lying face down in a pool of blood. Her legs were bound together and her throat slashed. A post mortem examination revealed the cause of death as hemorrhagic shock secondary to multiple incisions. The deceased was last seen alive at about 9:15 pm on Thursday, January 31, 2013. No one has been arrested in relation to this incident.
More Crime/Police Stories
- Vehicle stolen from parking lot behind CDC November 20, 2019
- Medicolegal and Forensic Symposium held in Saint Lucia November 19, 2019
- Mayor Francis unhappy over disarmament of cop by bandits November 19, 2019
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019