Share This On:
(St. Lucia News Online) — St. Vincent and the Grenadines’ Health Minister Luke Browne announced Friday, March 27 that the island is to date, free of cases of the dreaded coronavirus (COVID-19) disease.
Brown said the island’s only confirmed coronavirus patient has now recovered.
He said the patient did a repeat test which turned out negative.
The health minister also announced that a total of 31 tests came back negative.
Among the 31 is a patient who was isolated at the Kingston Flu Clinic. He said the ministry released the latest information on testing Thursday night. SEE VIDEO BELOW OF THE ANNOUNCEMENT:
- Saint Lucia to benefit from UK’s £3-million contribution to Caribbean COVID-19 response
- Hurricane season: St. Lucian residents urged to ‘consistently’ follow weather reports
- BREAKING NEWS: Vieux Fort construction worker killed in freak accident
- SALCC teaches English to Cuban medical personnel
- George Floyd had ‘violent criminal history’ says Minneapolis police union chief
- West Indies name Test squad for proposed tour of England
- Daren Sammy and Chris Gayle speak out against racism
- VIDEO: Saint Lucia borders open June 4; visitors require COVID-19 test, quarantine
- Saint Lucia bankers announce ‘phased increase’ in opening hours