Share This On:
(SNO) — Saint Lucian authorities are investigating a viral video in which a female is seen beating and dragging her much younger sibling out of a residence onto a road, according to reliable sources.
The video, which appeared to have been recorded from a minibus with locals and visitors on board, surfaced on social media in Saint Lucia over the weekend. The incident reportedly occurred in Soufriere.
Law enforcement sources said the police are conducting the investigations and they have since notified the Division of Human Services as well.
The video has sparked outraged among members of the public who have called for the arrest of the female.
A police source, speaking on condition of anonymity, told St. Lucia News Online on Monday that the girl can be arrested for assaulting her younger sister.
The source said if “she caused any injuries she can be charged with harm or wounding depending on the extent of the injuries”.
There is also a second video in connection with the same incident that is circulating on social media. In this video, persons in the minibus are heard asking the young female, while she walks along the road with two younger girls, to explain what and why she had done. One of the persons in the video is heard threatening to post the video on Facebook.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM