Share This On:
Firefighters are currently battling a raging fire at the Soufriere Hospital in the town of Soufriere.
There is no word yet of any death of injuries.
Emergency officials received news of the fire at 7:01 p.m.
An eyewitness said the fire is “spreading rapidly”.
The cause of the fire is not yet known.
Unconfirmed reports are that the entire maternity wing is completely destroyed.
This is the second time within a few weeks that the hospital is being affected by a fire. However, by witness accounts this one is by far the most extensive.
Services were relocated to Etangs Wellness Centre due to a fire in the records room of the hospital in the early hours of Thursday, November 9.
More details soon
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM