Share This On:
At least two people have been shot on Chaussee Road, Castries tonight (Wednesday, May 22), according to reports.(See two videos below article)
Details are sketchy at this time, but reports have alleged that a shootout between the police and individuals in a white car resulted in at least two males sustaining serious injuries.
There were reports of the sound of multiple gunshots from high-caliber weapons. Videos on social media show two police pickup vans parked near the white car, surrounded by armed officers.
The area has been cordoned off by the police as they carry out their investigations as curious onlookers converge at a distance.
An eyewitness told our newsroom that an ambulance was on the scene and at least one individual was being attended to.
The shooting occurred in the vicinity of the Anglican school around 10:30 p.m., according to reports.
We will provide more information as it becomes available.
- PM Chastanet promises super-rich Saint Lucia citizenship in three months November 18, 2019 11:55 AM
- Guy Joseph shoots down reports of complete St. Jude Hospital demolition November 18, 2019 10:26 AM
- Central Statistical Office launches Census 2020 recruitment drive November 18, 2019 12:16 AM
- Saint Lucia gov’t launches programme to boost local production of 7 key fruits, vegetables November 17, 2019 9:50 PM
- Fuel prices change November 17, 2019 7:00 PM
- Kindergarten registration takes on a new approach November 17, 2019 12:51 PM
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM