Share This On:
A male is reportedly in critical condition after being shot in White Rock, Grand Riviere, Gros Islet around 10:00 tonight, Friday, June 23, 2017.
The victim was still breathing when the ambulance left with him, according to an eyewitness.
A dimly-lit video obtained by our newsroom shows the victim on the road surrounded by several persons.
“[The] shooting [I] believe it might of been a drive-by … just after Fitness Freaks Gym around 10:17 p.m… [The]
guy [was] still breathing when ambluance left with him,” the eyewitness said.
A Corinth resident reported hearing about six shots and the sound of sirens shortly after.
“I heard when the shots burst and when the ambulance came, they responded very quickly. That’s very sad,” the resident told St. Lucia News Online. “After the body went away I heard a single shot less than two minutes [after].”
The circumstances surrounding the shooting is not yet clear.
This incident comes almost two weeks after the fatal shooting of Corinth resident, Seame Cherry, 27, also known as ‘Shem’ and ‘Snake Oil’.
Cherry was shot to death about 1:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 10, 2017 at Piat, Grande Riviere, Gros Islet.
No one has been arrested for his killing.
It was not immediately clear if both shootings are connected.
More details soon.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM