Share This On:
(SNO) – A young man is now in stable condition at Victoria Hospital as a result of being shot in Ravine Chabbot, Castries on Monday evening (June 25, 2018), according to reliable sources.
He has been identified as Qwain “Shoes” Montoute of Ravine Chabbot, Castries. He is believed to be in his 20’s.
Reports are that, about 8:45 p.m., Montoute was driving his motor car when an unknown masked male discharged a firearm in his direction, injuring him.
Montoute sustained gunshot wounds to his jaw and neck.
He was transported to Victoria Hospital by private vehicle.
According to law enforcement sources, police are investigating reports that the shooting may have been gang-related or a reprisal.
No one has been arrested.
This was one of two shootings that occurred on Monday evening, within one hour.
About 45 minutes before the Ravine Chabbot incident, an ex-cop, Maximus Agdomar, 49, of Marisule, Gros Islet, sustained at least two gunshot wounds at Marisule.
He is currently at hospital.
Reports are that there is a known suspect in the matter, but our newsroom is not sure if anyone has been arrested.
- St. Lucian neurosurgeon performs complex brain surgery at OKEU Hospital
- WHO calls on young people to join tobacco-free generation fight
- Choc Housing Development underway
- St. Lucia public officers called on to volunteer as trainers and facilitators
- Saint Lucia commemorates first Inter-American Day Against Terrorism
- Saint Lucia records 19th COVID-19 case
- UWP says Philip J Pierre proves once again he is not fit for leadership
- 92 depart Saint Lucia for employment in Canada’s Farm Worker Programme
- Saint Lucian authorities enforcing strict health protocols in schools