Share This On:
(SNO) — Police are now investigating a double homicide after the second victim of the shooting incident in Desrameaux, Gros Islet on Saturday afternoon (Sept. 1) succumbed to his injuries, according to sources.
Callis Benjamin, who is 19 years old, died at hospital hours after he, along with Rohan Louison, were shot. Louison is about 13 years old.
The teens are residents of Desrameaux, a hilly community bounded by Monchy on the east and Babonneau on the west.
Emergency personnel responded to the incident at 5:06 p.m.
Louison was shot in the back of the head and was pronounced dead at hospital while Benjamin was shot in the back and admitted in critical condition before he passed away.
A male was arrested in connection with the incident.
Unconfirmed reports are that a female relative of one of the deceased teens have been hospitalised due to shock of witnessing the aftermath of the shooting.
Details surrounding the shooting is sketchy but our newsroom will provide additional details as soon as they become available.
This is the second double homicide in just under two weeks. This also brings to six the number of persons killed over the past 13 days.
Stephen Francis, a 47-year-old resident of Wilton’s Yard, Castries, who is also known as ‘Face’, succumbed at hospital from gunshot wounds he sustained in his community on Sunday, August 19, after 7 p.m.
Miguel Charlery, a 24-year-old resident of Balata, Castries, and Barry Leonce, a 31-year-old resident of Morne Du Don, Castries died from wounds sustained in a shooting at Agard Lands in Morne Du Don on Monday, August 20, shortly before 4 p.m. Two other individuals were injured in the incident.
And 18-year-old Glendon Barthelmy died at hospital about two hours after he was stabbed by another male during an altercation at Bagatelle on Tuesday, August 28.
- No coronavirus in Guadeloupe February 28, 2020 8:54 PM
- Three suspected cases of coronavirus in Guadeloupe; tests in progress February 28, 2020 2:52 PM
- Caricom holds emergency meeting February 28, 2020 2:22 PM
- Iconic Kassav singer hospitalized in Martinique February 28, 2020 12:00 PM
- Family loses everything in Sarrot fire February 28, 2020 11:13 AM
- SLBS warns of illegal cigarettes on market February 28, 2020 11:03 AM
- Regional travel taxes comparatively low – Fedee February 28, 2020 10:33 AM
- Caribbean on high alert for deadly Covid-19 February 28, 2020 10:18 AM
- Labour Department investigating Hylyne Poultry complaints February 28, 2020 9:08 AM