A Sarrot man died at the hospital yesterday afternoon, after he reportedly drank poison.
Minel Smith, 25, passed away at around 4:17 p.m., Monday, July 6, police officials confirmed.
Smith was rushed to hospital at around 3:30 p.m. after being suspected of drinking poison.
He was picked up at the “Chopin road near the old WASCO plant”, a resident said.
It is alleged that the young man, who is of unsound mind, informed family members that he drank the substance.
It is further alleged that ambulance personnel left with the bottle which contained the suspected poisonous substance.
“He was spitting up phlegm,” the resident also told this publication.
Police officials confirmed that Smith ingested gramoxone, which caused his death.