Share This On:
(SNO) – Grenada and Saint Lucia 2018 are co-champions of the WINLOTT-INC-sponsored Windward Islands Cricket Board of Control (WICBC) Under-19 Tournament.
This, after Saint Lucia defeated St. Vincent and the Grenadines by seven wickets on the closing day of the competition on Sunday at the Grenada National Stadium.
Saint Lucia dismissed SVG for just 63 in the first innings with Simeon Gerson taking 7-33 in just 11.1 overs.
Saint Lucia replied with 149 all out; Mateo Boulogne 35, Wayne Edward 27, and Kimani Melius 24.
In their second turn at bat, SVG got to 185 all out, Saint Lucia captain Johnnel Eugene taking four wickets for 46 runs, whilst Gerson held a watching brief, conceding just 52 runs in a mammoth spell of 21 overs. Kimani Melius starred again on the final day, hitting 44 whilst Jard Goodman had 27 to lead the Co-Champions to 100/3.
Saint Lucia now has won the tournament for two successive years. In 2017 St Lucia shared the championship with St Vincent & the Grenadines.
Among the most outstanding players for Saint Lucia were left arm orthodox spinner Simeon Gerson, who finished the tournament with the most wickets (17). He was also named as Saint Lucia’s Most Valuable Player.
Jard Goodman and Kimani Melius each scored over 100 runs, Jard with a highest score of 73 against Grenada, and Kimani with a top score of 44 against St Vincent & the Grenadines.
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020 2:33 PM
- 2020 Saint Lucia Summer Festival launched January 16, 2020 1:28 PM
- BVI: ‘Earthquake swarm’ leaves researchers puzzled and DDM on ‘high alert’ January 16, 2020 11:37 AM
- St Lucian artist Shaaiae collaborates with Gaza international artist Shawn Storm January 16, 2020 9:09 AM
- Central Statistical Office commences mapping for 2020 census January 15, 2020 11:34 AM