Share This On:
(SNO) – The country has recorded its second fatal stabbing within 24 hours.
According to law enforcement sources, the latest victim has been identified as 27-year-old Delan Evans of Monchy, Gros Islet, but originally from Choiseul.
The victim sustained two stab wounds to the left side of his chest sometime after 8 p.m. on Saturday (Nov. 3), sources told St. Lucia News Online.
A source alleged that Evans was stabbed at his girlfriend’s house in Monchy, but details were not immediately available.
Emergency authorities were alerted at 8:50 p.m. and Evans was transported by Castries ambulance to Victoria Hospital where he reportedly passed away.
No one was in police custody at the time of posting this story.
About the same time yesterday (Friday, Nov. 2), Curtis Charlemagne, originally of Anse La Raye, was wounded in the throat/neck in Canaries by a male suspect who is currently in police custody.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM