Share This On:
SNO – Saint Lucia has quarantined a foreign national who arrived on the island on Tuesday in light of protocols established for the feared novel coronavirus.
The person arrived in Saint Lucia on Tuesday in a private yacht from a nearby country the Department of Health and Wellness said.
The country was not named.
“In keeping with our national response protocols, the individual has been placed on medical quarantine at a public health facility and the necessary assessments are being undertaken,” the department said in a statement late Tuesday
The statement did not name the facility where the person was being held but gave the assurance that everything was being done to protect Saint Lucians.
“The Department of Health and Wellness assures the public that established protocols and guidelines are being followed to ensure the protection of the health and safety of our medical practitioners, our clients and the general public,” the statement said.
Videos have been circulating on social media with people claiming that two people with the dreaded virus were being held at a hospital in Saint Lucia.
Authorities have not commented on that video and the information could not be confirmed.
SNO will follow developments on that matter and will publish further information when it becomes available.
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM
- 1st phase of Market Redevelopment Project almost ready February 18, 2020 10:39 AM
- UWP Government deprives 8000 young St Lucians of laptops – SLP February 18, 2020 9:09 AM
- Ministers welcome Youth Parliamentarians at Monday’s Cabinet meeting February 18, 2020 8:48 AM