Share This On:
St. Lucia law enforcement officials said they have arrested at least five people, seized illegal firearms, ammunition, and marijuana during a police operation conducted on Sunday, Oct. 6 in various parts of the island.
A 12-gauge shotgun, Glock pistol and ammunition, and several bags of marijuana were recovered in the operation that was carried out from 3 p.m., police said.
A vehicle was also seized.
The raids were carried out in Rodney Bay, Babonneau, Gros Islet, Dennery, Richfond, Marchand, and Anse La Raye, Marigot, police said.
- BREAKING: Borders open June 4; visitors must present negative test, undergo quarantine
- BREAKING: Saint Lucia maintains trend of negative COVID-19 test results
- Trump declares June ‘National Caribbean-American Heritage Month’
- CXC exams to begin July 13 (see full timetable)
- Jamaica: 19 people murdered over the weekend
- Loans and VAT on Saint Lucia Parliament sitting agenda
- DID YOU KNOW 26 St. Lucians died when HMS Good Hope was sunk in battle in 1914?
- ‘Eager anticipation’ for St Lucia T10 cricket tournament later this month: Henry
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services to June 30