Share This On:
(SNO) — Police and law enforcement sources have confirmed that the man, who was initially reported to be in critical condition after the truck he was driving plunged down a precipice off the “top” of the Barre de l’Isle road, near Thomazo, has been officially pronounced dead.
He has been identified by officials as 68-year-old Paul Simeina, a resident of Derierre Fort/Old Victoria Road, Castries.
Simeina was pronounced dead at Dennery Hospital where he was brought by ambulance.
The Dennery Fire Station received the call about the accident at 4:45 p.m.
When ambulance arrived, Simeina, an employee of the Rayneau Gajadhar-owned RG Group of Companies, was seen outside the truck, emergency officials said.
The truck, heading south, was carrying sand when the driver reportedly lost control of the vehicle, which then rolled down the precipice, officials said.
“It happened around the big bend, before Thomazo,” one eyewitness said. “He lost control.”
Below are two videos showing the aftermath of the accident.
- Barbados hit by two days of power outages November 20, 2019 1:31 AM
- National Students’ Council elects new executive November 20, 2019 1:14 AM
- Qiana Joseph to participate in Women’s T20 Grand Slam Franchise Tournament November 20, 2019 12:55 AM
- Saint Lucia misses Gold Cup playoffs after falling to Montserrat November 20, 2019 12:08 AM
- US government warns of travel to Dominica; calls for restraint November 19, 2019 6:34 PM
- Dominica’s opposition leader strikes back; blames police for unrest in Roseau November 19, 2019 6:19 PM
- OECS chairman calls for “calm” in Dominica November 19, 2019 5:19 PM
- UPDATE: Dominica’s PM condemns unrest in Roseau; blames opposition UWP (see video) November 19, 2019 4:23 PM
- Saint Lucian in Taiwan’s top TV singing contest November 19, 2019 8:06 AM