Share This On:
A man who was being sought for the alleged rape of a 105-year-old woman has been killed by the police, law enforcement officials have confirmed.
The suspect, Miguel Edward, alias Mad Max, was fatally shot by the police in the Rodney Bay Marina around noon today (Saturday, November 2).
It is alleged that Edward was attempting to flee to Martinique and pulled a weapon on the officers.
Reports are that Edward allegedly attacked the centenarian at her home around 4 a.m. today.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM