Share This On:
(SNO) — A shooting incident in Grand Riviere, Gros Islet on Wednesday night has left one male individual nursing a gunshot wound and another behind bars, according to law enforcement sources.
The victim sustained a gunshot wound to the leg. The wound is not considered life-threatening, according to sources.
Another male individual was arrested shortly after the shooting when police caught him in possession of a 3.80 firearm with 10 rounds of ammunition, sources said.
The incident occurred around 9 p.m.
“Some guys went out, fired shots at some people,” said one source. “The police was in the area and responded. They got the guy leaving the area. When he was searched the firearm was recovered; 3.80 (spent) shells was recovered on the scene.”
This shooting incident occurred about eight hours after the bullet-riddled lifeless body of Dominican national, Eric E. Charles, 46, was discovered in Latille, Micoud.
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM
- Prime Minister assures former Majestic Industries workers that their request will be granted December 9, 2019 3:28 PM
- Cellma training at OKEU December 9, 2019 12:44 PM
- Jade Mountain food gets top French honors December 9, 2019 9:30 AM
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM