Share This On:
A 76-year-old businessman who was shot after a robbery in Mon Repos, Micoud last Saturday, has died, according to reliable sources.
Andrew Joseph, also known as Mr. Moweng, passed away at about 5:30 p.m. Monday, November 11.
Sources say Joseph was shot after two individuals attempted to rob his shop.
He sustained a gunshot wound to the abdomen and had been hospitalised in critical condition.
Sources say the bullet was lodged in his abdomen.
According to reports, the businessman’s wife and a female worker were in the shop at the time of the robbery.
It is further reported that Joseph was sitting on his balcony, which is adjacent to the shop, when he was shot by the perpetrators as they fled — empty-handed.
The Micoud Fire Station received the call at 7:15 p.m.
- Department of Health and Wellness prepares for new strain of coronavirus January 22, 2020 11:38 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM