Share This On:
A 76-year-old businessman who was shot after a robbery in Mon Repos, Micoud last Saturday, has died, according to reliable sources.
Andrew Joseph, also known as Mr. Moweng, passed away at about 5:30 p.m. Monday, November 11.
Sources say Joseph was shot after two individuals attempted to rob his shop.
He sustained a gunshot wound to the abdomen and had been hospitalised in critical condition.
Sources say the bullet was lodged in his abdomen.
According to reports, the businessman’s wife and a female worker were in the shop at the time of the robbery.
It is further reported that Joseph was sitting on his balcony, which is adjacent to the shop, when he was shot by the perpetrators as they fled — empty-handed.
The Micoud Fire Station received the call at 7:15 p.m.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM