Share This On:
A 76-year-old businessman who was shot after a robbery in Mon Repos, Micoud last Saturday, has died, according to reliable sources.
Andrew Joseph, also known as Mr. Moweng, passed away at about 5:30 p.m. Monday, November 11.
Sources say Joseph was shot after two individuals attempted to rob his shop.
He sustained a gunshot wound to the abdomen and had been hospitalised in critical condition.
Sources say the bullet was lodged in his abdomen.
According to reports, the businessman’s wife and a female worker were in the shop at the time of the robbery.
It is further reported that Joseph was sitting on his balcony, which is adjacent to the shop, when he was shot by the perpetrators as they fled — empty-handed.
The Micoud Fire Station received the call at 7:15 p.m.
- UPDATE: George Floyd tested positive for coronavirus in April, full autopsy reveals
- Finally: Micoud residents to get Wellness Centre after 28 years
- All cops involved in George Floyd’s deadly arrest are now in custody
- St. Lucia’s ‘Christmas barrel concession’ started June 2; expires Jan. 31, 2021
- After Sammy’s call, Cricket West Indies backs protests over George Floyd’s killing
- Petition started to rename Harding University auditorium in honor of Botham Jean
- ‘Betty Clarke’ and Nadeige Suffren granted bail in Praslin drug bust case
- Invest Saint Lucia responds to concerns over Anse des Sables
- 47 more Saint Lucian nationals return home