Share This On:
A man who was seen stoning a male senior citizen in a viral video in Saint Lucia last month has arrested and charged, police said.
The suspect, identified as Roddy James, was charged with wounding and damage to property. police said
The news comes as a surprise because the victim had initially declined to press charges against James as soon as the story, which St. Lucia News Online broke, came to light.
However, police said the victim changed his mind and James was arrested on Monday and is scheduled to appear in court this week.
The amateur video, which is one minute and 46 seconds long, has been shared thousands of time on Facebook and Whatsapp.
It shows a shirtless young man arming himself with a large rock then breaking it into smaller pieces. He proceeds to stone another man, whom persons claim in social media posts to be a senior citizen.
The victim collapses on the road after being hit in the back of the head. He lays motionless and bleeding. Seconds later someone tries to pull him up in a bid to revive him.
The man regains consciousness for a short while before laying back down on the road.
During the ordeal, a man wearing a blue shirt and a cap appears to try and make peace.
Persons on social media were calling on the authorities to arrest the person recording the video along with the perpetrator.
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM