Share This On:
A man who was seen stoning a male senior citizen in a viral video in Saint Lucia last month has arrested and charged, police said.
The suspect, identified as Roddy James, was charged with wounding and damage to property. police said
The news comes as a surprise because the victim had initially declined to press charges against James as soon as the story, which St. Lucia News Online broke, came to light.
However, police said the victim changed his mind and James was arrested on Monday and is scheduled to appear in court this week.
The amateur video, which is one minute and 46 seconds long, has been shared thousands of time on Facebook and Whatsapp.
It shows a shirtless young man arming himself with a large rock then breaking it into smaller pieces. He proceeds to stone another man, whom persons claim in social media posts to be a senior citizen.
The victim collapses on the road after being hit in the back of the head. He lays motionless and bleeding. Seconds later someone tries to pull him up in a bid to revive him.
The man regains consciousness for a short while before laying back down on the road.
During the ordeal, a man wearing a blue shirt and a cap appears to try and make peace.
Persons on social media were calling on the authorities to arrest the person recording the video along with the perpetrator.
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM
- SSDF signs agreement for Vieux Sucieux Water Supply Expansion Sub- Project December 12, 2019 9:51 AM
- Ministry of Equity implements new initiative to boost CASP ‘Host a Centre Day 2019’ December 12, 2019 9:21 AM
- Forbes features St. Lucian CEO of biotech company on its 30 Under 30 2020 list December 11, 2019 11:37 AM
- Police investigate hanging death of prisoner December 10, 2019 11:14 AM
- Julien Alfred wins big at FastTrack Collegiate Opener December 10, 2019 10:44 AM