Share This On:
(SNO) — Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a male on Broglie Street, Castries that occurred around midday Thursday (April 18).
The deceased is Chad Ramsey, 33, of Rockhall, Marchand in Castries.
He was shot while walking on the sidewalk, according to reports.
He died on the scene after he was shot in the head.
A video of the aftermath of the shooting has been circulating on social media.
Members of the public have expressed surprise on Facebook at the time of the day and the location in the city that the crime was committed.
“Broad day light. They’ll behave themselves,” one person commented.
“My goodness….bug broad day light like this and in the middle of town…smh. So sad,” another said.
Others have commented that Saint Lucia appears to becoming like crime-plagued cities such as Chicago and New York in the U.S.A.
One person noted sarcastically that the Castries mayor had said the city is “safer than ever”.
This is the second homicide in two days.
On Wednesday, around 2:30 a.m., a woman stabbed a man to death during an alleged altercation at a karaoke event in Anse Ger, Micoud. The woman was arrested.
The deceased has been identified as Lance Camille of Anse Ger.
“Where were the city police. Having lunch; or watching to see who peeing in the town?” someone wrote.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM