Share This On:
(SNO) — Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a male on Broglie Street, Castries that occurred around midday Thursday (April 18).
The deceased is Chad Ramsey, 33, of Rockhall, Marchand in Castries.
He was shot while walking on the sidewalk, according to reports.
He died on the scene after he was shot in the head.
A video of the aftermath of the shooting has been circulating on social media.
Members of the public have expressed surprise on Facebook at the time of the day and the location in the city that the crime was committed.
“Broad day light. They’ll behave themselves,” one person commented.
“My goodness….bug broad day light like this and in the middle of town…smh. So sad,” another said.
Others have commented that Saint Lucia appears to becoming like crime-plagued cities such as Chicago and New York in the U.S.A.
One person noted sarcastically that the Castries mayor had said the city is “safer than ever”.
This is the second homicide in two days.
On Wednesday, around 2:30 a.m., a woman stabbed a man to death during an alleged altercation at a karaoke event in Anse Ger, Micoud. The woman was arrested.
The deceased has been identified as Lance Camille of Anse Ger.
“Where were the city police. Having lunch; or watching to see who peeing in the town?” someone wrote.
- Saint Lucia and Republic of Kosovo sign visa waiver agreement
- Saint Lucia considering phased reopening of Grade Six and Form Five classes
- Mother and children homeless after Ciceron fire
- UPDATE: Fire on abandoned building in Castries now under control (+photos and videos)
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire in Castries city (+photos and videos)
- Arthur, the first named storm of the hurricane season, could form this weekend
- UPDATE: Man shot dead at Dennery Fishing Complex identified
- LIAT extends suspension of passenger services
- Bay Gardens Resorts starts relief fund for its staff