Share This On:
(SNO) — Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a male on Broglie Street, Castries that occurred around midday Thursday (April 18).
The deceased is Chad Ramsey, 33, of Rockhall, Marchand in Castries.
He was shot while walking on the sidewalk, according to reports.
He died on the scene after he was shot in the head.
A video of the aftermath of the shooting has been circulating on social media.
Members of the public have expressed surprise on Facebook at the time of the day and the location in the city that the crime was committed.
“Broad day light. They’ll behave themselves,” one person commented.
“My goodness….bug broad day light like this and in the middle of town…smh. So sad,” another said.
Others have commented that Saint Lucia appears to becoming like crime-plagued cities such as Chicago and New York in the U.S.A.
One person noted sarcastically that the Castries mayor had said the city is “safer than ever”.
This is the second homicide in two days.
On Wednesday, around 2:30 a.m., a woman stabbed a man to death during an alleged altercation at a karaoke event in Anse Ger, Micoud. The woman was arrested.
The deceased has been identified as Lance Camille of Anse Ger.
“Where were the city police. Having lunch; or watching to see who peeing in the town?” someone wrote.
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM
- St Lucia Jazz and St Lucia Summer Festival 2020 off to an exciting start January 17, 2020 10:00 AM
- Alert of “Assured” brand products January 16, 2020 3:20 PM