Share This On:
(SNO) — Saint Lucia recorded its second homicide for 2019 following the shooting of a young man in the city on Monday evening (Jan. 14), according to law enforcement sources.
Dead is Hendy Calderon, who was 21 years old.
Calderon was shot on Monday at Water Works Road, Castries. Police and emergency officials were contacted about the shooting shortly after 9 p.m.
Calderon was transported by ambulance to Victoria Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
No additional details were immediately available.
Calderon’s death comes not too long after the body of 66-year-old British national and longtime Saint Lucia resident, Robert ‘Bob’ Hathaway, was discovered at his home in Piat, Grand Riviere, Gros Islet on Sunday after midday.
More details on both incidents later today.
- DLP sweeps general election in Dominica December 6, 2019 9:12 PM
- Hallucine leads the ARC fleet into Saint Lucia December 6, 2019 3:56 PM
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019 12:52 PM
- Dominicans vote amid fears of violence December 6, 2019 9:50 AM
- Three officers injured in Salisbury operation in Dominica says police chief December 5, 2019 6:59 PM
- Dominican chastises regional leaders including PM Chastanet December 5, 2019 3:41 PM
- Traffic Delays along Castries/Gros Islet Highway December 5, 2019 1:45 PM
- Government moves to protect the pensions of Millennium Heights Employees December 5, 2019 8:52 AM
- Catholic church in Dominica condemns ‘disrespectful’ behavior towards senior clergymen December 5, 2019 6:37 AM