Share This On:
A 34-year-old mechanic died after he was shot by a 73-year-old licensed firearm holder while allegedly trying to break into a minibus parked in the shooter’s private residence in Soufriere minutes shortly before midnight on Saturday, Dec. 6 , reliable sources have told St. Lucia News Online (SNO).
Claudius Dominique Alexander of Fond Beniere, Soufriere, also known as ‘Irie Lion’ and ‘Ti Peter’, ran and collapsed near Captain Hooks restaurant and bar after he was shot by a taxi driver in a residence off the Soufriere-Castries Highway.
A source said the gunshot appeared to have entered Dominic’s shoulder and exited through one of his armpits.
The alleged burglar reportedly operated a tire shop near a used car parts business at the top of Church Street, Soufriere.
A resident told SNO that the community has been plagued by a series of burglaries and vehicle break-ins.
The resident also said the deceased is alleged to have previously broken into the home and vehicle of the licensed firearm holder on several occasions, and is suspected of “robbing a car next door” recently.
A blogger with knowledge of the incident said the taxi driver and his family have been targets: “I feel extremely sorry for Mr. (name withheld to protect the firearm holder) whom I know very well for having to find himself in such a situation at this time bur my God, that family have had to put up with so much over the past few weeks with regards to their homes being burglarised. They were once held up at gun point in their own house and robbed of their valuables and a week later a female teacher who lives next door suffered the same consequence together with other families and their household in that area.That neighbourhood have had to put up with way too much and maybe who knows my parent’s house could have been next.”
More Crime/Police Stories
- Saint Lucia police receive training in report writing February 17, 2020
- IGY Rodney Bay Marina and RSLPF join forces on yachting security February 7, 2020
- Hoodlums attack school caretaker in Castries February 3, 2020
- Government hosts consultations on domestic violence bill January 31, 2020
- NYC calls for proactive measures for youth in face of crime January 30, 2020
- Government continues national crime fighting strategy January 29, 2020
- Government to combat cyber crime January 28, 2020
- Training workshop for VPU officers January 24, 2020
- Government aims to reduce serious crime by 45 percent January 16, 2020