Share This On:
Two days after a fire destroyed a wooden structure in Talvern, Babonneau, police are reporting that the charred remains of a man were discovered in the rubble.
Police said the remains have been identified as that of Steve Bernard, popularly known as “Bico’.
According to police, a foul smell from the rubble led to neighbours to investigate. The body was discovered around close to 10 a.m. under the rubble.
Initially, emergency officials reported that the 16x20ft structure was unoccupied at the time of the fire.
Officials responded to the report at 2:36 a.m. Tuesday.
- Donavan Phillip scores all goals in CCSS 7-1 win over Corinth October 22, 2019 9:49 AM
- Canada election: Justin Trudeau set to remain in power – but with minority government October 22, 2019 9:19 AM
- Saint Lucia’s Antoine Destang breaks 13-year-old swim record in Canada October 22, 2019 8:56 AM
- PM Chastanet, Pacific Islands explore development of SIDS resilience facility October 21, 2019 11:09 PM
- US hospital ship to offer free medical services in Jamaica October 21, 2019 10:55 PM
- Trinidad: Lawsuit filed against Facebook user who named man a “bandit” October 21, 2019 9:29 PM
- New tourist attraction ‘Glittering Sands’ opens in Anse-la-Raye October 21, 2019 9:20 PM
- Saint Lucia-born student wins regional essay writing competition October 21, 2019 8:10 PM
- Castries man injured in Marisule motorcycle accident October 21, 2019 6:37 PM