Share This On:
Press Secretary to the Prime Minister, Jadia Jn Pierre-Emmanuel has officially resigned.
Jn Pierre-Emmanuel confirmed with St. Lucia News Online (SNO) on Friday that her resignation will take effect from January 31, 2016.
Asked what led to her decision, the former Press Secretary said: “I am not in a position to give any interviews now, but I can confirm that I have resigned.”
SNO was told that Dr. Kenny Anthony will make “an announcement” and any information regarding her resignation will have to come from the Office of the Prime Minister.
Jn Pierre-Emmanuel would not say what her immediate plans are.
She has served as Dr. Anthony’s Press Secretary since 2012 and is an active member of the ruling Saint Lucia Labour Party (SLP).
Jn Pierre-Emmanuel’s father, Francisco Jn Pierre, was recently announced as the candidate to contest the Laborie seat with a United Workers Party (UWP) ticket, at the next elections.
More Politics Stories
- Hilaire continues to sell out Saint Lucia – UWP December 6, 2019
- Sittings of the House of Assembly and the Senate December 6, 2019
- Senate sitting, today December 3, 2019
- SLP is pleased to once again respond to UWP on Juffali questions December 2, 2019
- UWP demands answers from SLP on former Saint Lucian diplomat November 29, 2019
- Home affairs minister contests Caribbean News Now report November 29, 2019