Share This On:
Police are investigating the killing of a man in Trois Piton, Castries today (Saturday, April 22).
The victim has been identified as 59-year-old Leonard Felicien, aka Leo, of Trois Piton.
An eyewitness told St. Lucia News Online (SNO) that the victim was allegedly stabbed to death during an argument/altercation over money around 3 p.m. It is alleged that a broken bottle was used to stab him.
A male suspect is in police custody.
“I saw the argument going on but I went to the church (Seventh-Day Adventist). By the time I sat in the church someone came saying he’s dead, so I went to look. The dead one (Leo) took a stone to knock the one that killed him but someone stopped them. In a matter of minutes one man dead,” the eyewitness told SNO.
“The man that killed Leo was caught by police and he waved goodbye to people while entering the police van,” the eyewitness added.
The deceased sustained a single stab wound to the lower part of his body, the eyewitness said.
This is the 21st homicide of 2017.
- Two in custody in connection with Mon Repos businessman’s death November 12, 2019 11:08 AM
- Saint Lucia calls up UK-based goalkeeper Lamar Johnson November 12, 2019 10:46 AM
- Tourism ministry spearheads plan to ease traffic congestion in downtown Castries November 12, 2019 10:04 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Mon Repos businessman succumbs to gunshot wound November 11, 2019 7:35 PM
- Former Saint Lucia top cop Vernon Francois talks about the launch of his digital books November 9, 2019 11:18 PM
- 76-year-old businessman shot in Mon Repos November 9, 2019 9:07 PM
- Gunmen attack, rob bar manager in Jetrine, Saltibus November 9, 2019 6:29 PM
- Entrepot, Sir Ira and Bocage secondary schools to remain closed on Monday November 9, 2019 5:55 PM
- Women who fought with Ciceron Secondary students speak out! November 9, 2019 5:28 PM