Share This On:
A bar manager narrowly escaped death after he came under attack by gunmen in Jetrine, Saltibus early Saturday morning, November 9.
Sanderson Serville, 29, manager of Anchor Bar, told St. Lucia News Online that he was driving home when three gunshots were fired at his vehicle, at around 3 a.m.
In a bid to escape, Serville said his car rolled down a “valley”.
He managed to get out of the vehicle and away from his attackers who eventually stole monies from his damaged car.
He is currently receiving treatment at St. Jude Hospital for minor injuries. He said an x-ray revealed that he tore tissues in his “ribs area”. He also received cuts and bruises.
The manager further explained what happened in detail this morning.
“The guys blocked the road with logs on my way down. I couldn’t cross the bridge. I tried reversing but they end up coming down behind me and started firing gunshots at me,” he explained.
At this point, Serville said he panicked and drove into a muddy area where he got stuck.
“I tried going forward which led me down a valley. My car flipped twice and landed in the valley.”
He said he “burst” through the car window, sustaining cuts to his hands in the process “while they were still firing shots”.
“I made my way through a bush to get home, leaving the monies and everything behind,” he told St. Lucia News Online.
Serville said he is “clueless” as to why someone would want to hurt him. He believes the motive was robbery.
“Most likely is for money,” he told St. Lucia News Online.
“I have no problem with anyone,” he said, adding that this was the first time he experienced such a situation.
The Laborie Police Station is investigating the incident, a police official has confirmed.
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM
- Prime Minister issues stirring call to action in Independence Address 2020 February 25, 2020 8:51 AM
- Coronavirus: World should prepare for pandemic, says WHO February 24, 2020 3:34 PM