Share This On:
A bar manager narrowly escaped death after he came under attack by gunmen in Jetrine, Saltibus early Saturday morning, November 9.
Sanderson Serville, 29, manager of Anchor Bar, told St. Lucia News Online that he was driving home when three gunshots were fired at his vehicle, at around 3 a.m.
In a bid to escape, Serville said his car rolled down a “valley”.
He managed to get out of the vehicle and away from his attackers who eventually stole monies from his damaged car.
He is currently receiving treatment at St. Jude Hospital for minor injuries. He said an x-ray revealed that he tore tissues in his “ribs area”. He also received cuts and bruises.
The manager further explained what happened in detail this morning.
“The guys blocked the road with logs on my way down. I couldn’t cross the bridge. I tried reversing but they end up coming down behind me and started firing gunshots at me,” he explained.
At this point, Serville said he panicked and drove into a muddy area where he got stuck.
“I tried going forward which led me down a valley. My car flipped twice and landed in the valley.”
He said he “burst” through the car window, sustaining cuts to his hands in the process “while they were still firing shots”.
“I made my way through a bush to get home, leaving the monies and everything behind,” he told St. Lucia News Online.
Serville said he is “clueless” as to why someone would want to hurt him. He believes the motive was robbery.
“Most likely is for money,” he told St. Lucia News Online.
“I have no problem with anyone,” he said, adding that this was the first time he experienced such a situation.
The Laborie Police Station is investigating the incident, a police official has confirmed.
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 27th Annual World Travel Awards January 22, 2020 11:25 AM
- Young Saint Lucian chef featured at restaurant in Taiwan January 22, 2020 8:28 AM
- Saint Lucia benefits from support to National Utilities Regulatory Commission January 21, 2020 3:52 PM
- Internal fault triggers system shut down January 21, 2020 11:23 AM
- Keymanie shines as repeat junior golf champ January 21, 2020 11:14 AM
- Prime Minister meets with Caribbean Development Bank January 20, 2020 2:41 PM
- Saint Lucia ends 40th year of Independence with over 400k stay-over arrivals January 20, 2020 11:51 AM
- Micoud South drainage contracts signed to alleviate flooding January 20, 2020 9:14 AM
- Canelles Resort Project begins January 17, 2020 2:52 PM