Share This On:
At least two masked gunmen allegedly searching for marijuana farms attacked farmers in two separate incidents in Choiseul on Wedneday morning, Nov. 22, according to sources.
During the interrogation, several of the farmers were injured when the bandits beat them with machetes after tying them up.
One farmer in particular sustained serious head injuries.
The bandits left without helpful information as it is alleged that the farmers did not know what they were talking about.
After the farmers freed themselves they reported the matter to the police and the injured were taken to hospital by private means.
“Apparently the criminals wanted to rob a farm working on a tip. Luckily no lives were lost,” a police source said.
- West Indies beat India by eight wickets in ODI December 15, 2019 7:51 PM
- Suspected suicide in Laborie December 15, 2019 12:05 PM
- Man in gruesome Bexon chopping video identified December 14, 2019 9:58 PM
- Jamaica’s Toni-Ann Singh crowned Miss World 2019 December 14, 2019 8:19 PM
- Saint Lucia launches horse racing; Casting Crowns wins USD150K DSH Pitons Cup December 14, 2019 3:28 PM
- St. Lucian community in London gather for National Day December 13, 2019 2:54 PM
- Saint Lucia negotiates and signs new Bilateral Air Services Agreement December 12, 2019 3:06 PM
- Horse racing event a fraud on the people of St Lucia – SLP December 12, 2019 2:17 PM
- RBC announces sale of Eastern Caribbean banking operations December 12, 2019 9:58 AM