Share This On:
At least two masked gunmen allegedly searching for marijuana farms attacked farmers in two separate incidents in Choiseul on Wedneday morning, Nov. 22, according to sources.
During the interrogation, several of the farmers were injured when the bandits beat them with machetes after tying them up.
One farmer in particular sustained serious head injuries.
The bandits left without helpful information as it is alleged that the farmers did not know what they were talking about.
After the farmers freed themselves they reported the matter to the police and the injured were taken to hospital by private means.
“Apparently the criminals wanted to rob a farm working on a tip. Luckily no lives were lost,” a police source said.
- Fully-funded British Chevening Scholarships available for Saint Lucians October 18, 2019 6:04 AM
- Beausejour community responds to recent criminal activities October 16, 2019 9:25 PM
- Pierre said Chastanet’s 40-month globetrotting hasn’t benefited Saint Lucians October 16, 2019 7:55 PM
- Former Saint Lucia agriculture minister bats for increasing local food production October 16, 2019 6:44 PM
- Gus Logie appointed interim West Indies women’s head coach October 16, 2019 6:04 PM
- Roger Harper eager to lead new era of West Indies selections October 16, 2019 3:41 PM
- Food Express workers to receive wage increase, back pay, allowances: NWU October 16, 2019 3:16 PM
- Bay Gardens Resorts offers unbeatable savings for Creole Heritage Month October 16, 2019 2:51 PM
- NWU hopes to close negotiations with GNT October 16, 2019 2:03 PM