Share This On:
Governor General Dame Pearlette Louisy is stepping down from the post she has held since the late 1990s.
Reports are that Louisy is scheduled to make this known during a pre-recorded broadcast on national television and radio this evening.
Louisy, the first female to become Governor General of St. Lucia, was sworn in on September 19, 1997.
Opposition politicians and political pundits have suggested that Louisy was being forced out of her position.
- Castries Constituency Council workers return to work February 27, 2020 9:05 AM
- RSS to present crime scene investigations equipment to St. Lucia police February 27, 2020 8:57 AM
- BTC turns 60 February 26, 2020 12:04 PM
- Second District Court in Vieux Fort relocated February 26, 2020 9:32 AM
- Labour Department summons CCC and National Workers Union to urgent meeting February 25, 2020 2:54 PM
- St Lucia extends travel restrictions on travellers February 25, 2020 1:17 PM
- Guadeloupe, Saint Lucia collaborate on agriculture education February 25, 2020 12:32 PM
- Chinese national coronavirus test negative – Ministry of Health February 25, 2020 10:02 AM
- ICT equipment distributed to six schools under Taiwan-Saint Lucia “ICT in Education” Project February 25, 2020 9:01 AM