Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards (SLBS) wishes to advise the public that Forest Springs Bottled Water is being jointly recalled by the Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards and Forest Springs Ltd, due to concerns about possible contamination of the 1.5 litre size bottle of that product.
As a precaution the recall affects all Forest Springs Water which carries the best before date codes of 31927/04/18. Customers are advised not to consume the affected products bearing the codes.
Forest Springs is cooperating fully with the SLBS in resolving all concerns relating to this matter. The company has instructed all outlets which carry the brand to remove the affected batch of water from their shelves as of Friday April 21st 2017.
Distribution of new batches of the bottled water has ceased until full inspection and certification by the Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards.
A preliminary investigation suggests a mechanical failure as the cause of the possible contamination of the water. The company is working with the SLBS to determine the definitive cause of the problem.
Following this, immediate action will be taken to prevent its reoccurrence.
Once the SLBS’s assessment process is complete a full statement will be released to the public on the status of the company’s bottled water products.
- Prime Minister takes aim at US, UK financial regulations February 21, 2020 1:42 PM
- Family of Benignus Henry issue a plea for support February 21, 2020 12:30 PM
- PM Chastanet welcomes positive comments on CIP’s impact on economic performance of St Lucia and OECS February 21, 2020 9:22 AM
- Water safety during periods of water shortage February 20, 2020 3:34 PM
- 13-year-old reported missing; elderly citizen found February 20, 2020 10:54 AM
- Residents in the north of the island to experience further delays in accessing the water supply February 20, 2020 9:25 AM
- Taiwan Technical Mission assists banana farmers to secure regional markets February 20, 2020 9:06 AM
- St Lucia captures numerous accolades at 6th Annual Travvy Awards February 19, 2020 8:45 AM
- Department of Health and Wellness coronavirus review meeting February 18, 2020 2:55 PM