Share This On:
PRESS RELEASE – The Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards (SLBS) wishes to advise the public that Forest Springs Bottled Water is being jointly recalled by the Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards and Forest Springs Ltd, due to concerns about possible contamination of the 1.5 litre size bottle of that product.
As a precaution the recall affects all Forest Springs Water which carries the best before date codes of 31927/04/18. Customers are advised not to consume the affected products bearing the codes.
Forest Springs is cooperating fully with the SLBS in resolving all concerns relating to this matter. The company has instructed all outlets which carry the brand to remove the affected batch of water from their shelves as of Friday April 21st 2017.
Distribution of new batches of the bottled water has ceased until full inspection and certification by the Saint Lucia Bureau of Standards.
A preliminary investigation suggests a mechanical failure as the cause of the possible contamination of the water. The company is working with the SLBS to determine the definitive cause of the problem.
Following this, immediate action will be taken to prevent its reoccurrence.
Once the SLBS’s assessment process is complete a full statement will be released to the public on the status of the company’s bottled water products.
- Mayor Francis commends emergency personnel for heroic response to Thursday’s city fire November 22, 2019 1:12 PM
- Minister discusses health financing at Global Fund meeting November 22, 2019 1:05 PM
- Temporary closure of affected Gov’t Departments due to recent fire November 22, 2019 10:25 AM
- Voyager building entirely gutted by massive blaze says PM Chastanet November 22, 2019 9:38 AM
- Final phase of Sandals to Choc Road Widening Project November 22, 2019 7:12 AM
- BREAKING NEWS: Fire at Voyager building in Castries November 21, 2019 1:59 PM
- BTC receives new laptops November 21, 2019 10:19 AM
- US representative to OAS says political situation in Dominica ‘worrisome’ November 21, 2019 8:29 AM
- OBE Award recipients get high praise from PM Chastanet November 20, 2019 4:00 PM